The Committee on Hazardous Substances (Ausschuss für Gefahrstoffe: AGS) held its 59th Session (available in German only) in mid-November and approved new editions, modifications, and supplements for the Technical Rules for Hazardous Substances (Technische Regeln für Gefahrstoffe: TRGS), which should be published on the Internet and in the Joint Ministerial Gazette in February and March 2017. The new material covers:
- TRGS 220: A new edition of the safety data sheet
- TRGS 201: A new edition of classification and labelling for activities involving hazardous substances
- TRGS 900: Occupational Exposure Limits (OEL) for polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), diethanolamine und trichloroacetic acid
- TRGS 903: Biological Exposure Indices (BEIs)
- TRGS 905: A new edition of the list of carcinogenic, germ-cell mutagenic, or reproductive toxic substances
- TRGS 910: A modified and revised risk-related action plan for activities with carcinogenic hazardous substances
- TRGS 401: a revision of hazards from skin contact
The AGS is a committee of the German Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales: BMAS) and is responsible for using REACH information for worker safety and publishing practical guidance as technical rules (available in German only).
Do you have any questions relating REACH? Please contact us under firstname.lastname@example.org.