The EU Commission has added 12 substances to Annex XIV of REACH. The addition brings the total of chemicals on the list to 43. Eight of the substances are classified as toxic for reproduction in category 1B. A sunset date of July 4, 2020 has been set, after which marketing and use of the substances without authorization is forbidden. The following compounds are involved:
- 1-bromopropane (n-propyl bromide), used in washing and cleaning products and in the manufacture of electrical and electronic equipment
- Diisopentylphthalate, found in cosmetics
- 1,2-benzenedicarboxylic acid di-C6-8-branched alkyl esters C7-rich, used in the manufacture of dyes, medicine, and perfume
- 1,2-benzenedicarboxylic acid; di-C7-11-branched and linear alkyl esters
- 1,2-benzenedicarboxylic acid; dipentylester, branched and linear
- Bis(2-methoxyethyl) phthalate, found in cosmetics
The following two substances have been classified as carcinogenic category 1B; as persistent, bioaccumulative, and toxic (PBT); and as very persistent and very bioaccumulative (vPvB) and assigned a sunset date of October 4, 2020:
- Anthracene oil, used in dyes
- Pitch and coal tar, high temperature
The following two substances have been classified as endocrine disruptors (hormonal effects) and assigned a sunset date of January 2, 2021:
- 4-(1,1,3,3-tetramethylbutyl) phenol, ethoxylated (used in paints and coatings); and
- 4-nonylphenol, branched and linear, ethoxylated (used as an intermediate in the manufacture of substances used in detergents, paints and personal care products).
We protect your products and take care of legal compliance. Please send any questions to email@example.com.