The EU Commission has published the Draft of the Commission Regulation and will amend Annex II (Black List) of the Cosmetics Regulation to include nine CMR substances of Category 1 (known to be or suspected of being carcinogenic in humans):
- Perboric acid and sodium perborates
- Borates, tetraborates, and octaborates
The Commission’s Scientific Committee for Consumer Safety (SCCS) approved the use of three CMR substances of Category 2 (suspected of being carcinogenic in humans) in small concentrations and included them in Annex III:
- Trimethylbenzoyl diphenylphosphine oxide (TCO) for professional use in artificial nail systems with a maximum concentration of 5%
- Furfural at a maximum concentration of 0.001%
- Polyaminopropyl biguanide (PHMB) at a maximum concentration of 0.1%, except in sprayable formulations
The Annexes take effect 20 days after their publication in the Official Journal.
We are pleased to advise you regarding issues related to the cosmetics regulation. You can reach us at email@example.com.