The South Korean Ministry of Environment has published implementation rules and guidelines for biocides. The new biocide law is to take effect on January 1, 2019. The ministry made its announcement in a three-page document (in Korean only).
The 200 pages of documents are available only in Korean and contain information on:
- Guidance for applicants on how to fill in and prepare dossiers
- Requirements for data submission and approval
- Which test methods are to be used
- Cases in which test exemptions apply
- How to deal with low-risk biocides
- Labelling requirements
- Fines for non-compliance
The documents that cover data requirements for the approval of biocidal active ingredients and biocide products are of particular interest for companies.
According to the Ministry, the rules should be revised every three years.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.